Friday, January 31, 2014

Clarisonic Mia 2 and Deep Poor Review



I have been wanting the Clarisonic Mia 2 for a loooooong while now, but didn't want to pay the $150 price tag, because really HOW MUCH BETTER CAN IT CLEAN than the knockoffs at the drugstore for a FRACTION of the cost??
So who better to ask for it (as a Christmas present) than your mother?!? 
Well, mama came through!!! And I got this beautiful purple zebra print anti-aging tool wrapped up pretty for the holidays! 
It came with a basic cleansing head (not pictured) and a sample of the brand's gel cleanser, which I was very impressed with. Enough to buy a full size (from Sephora $25). 
To use, wet your skin and brush head, apply cleanser directly onto the brush head, and press the start button. There are 2 levels that you can choose by pressing the start button (once/low or twice/high). 
Starting at your forehead, move in a circular motion for 20 seconds until the device beeps. Then move onto your nose and chin area for another 20 seconds until it beeps. Then move onto each cheek, one at a time, for 10 seconds, until it beeps.
The results have really been remarkable. My skin is so smooth after and when washing my skin in the morning, my makeup goes on beautifully. I also feel like my lotions and potions absorb better after cleansing.
The difference I've found with this, rather than the drug store versions, is that this pulses. I believe the theory behind the pulsing is that it brings up any impurities deep within the skin. The website claims that the "cleansing brush uses a sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to deeply cleanse the skin more effectively."
Of course after using it for about a month I THEN decided to read the directions and discovered that if I registered it on the Clarisonic website I would get a $25 off coupon to use.
I saw the deep pore (and this mama needs DEEEEEEEP pore) treatment set which included a detoxifying mask, cleanser and a deep poor cleansing brush head. The set was $65, so I got it for $40. A new brush head alone goes for $25/$30 so I feel like I got a great deal. 
I am really impressed with this product and would recommend it anyone (especially if your mom is buying)!!!! Love you mama!!!! ;>)



No comments:

Post a Comment